Maintenance Procedures at Daily Interval(1) (Section3)
- Operator’s Report – Check
- Engine Oil – Check
- Engine Coolant – Check
- Throttle Response – Check
- Fuel Filter – Drain(2)
- Cooling Fan – Check
- Crankcase Ventilation Filter – Check
- Air Intake Piping – Check
- Radiator Hoses – Check
Maintenance Procedures at 10,000 Kilometers [6,000 Miles], 250 Hours or 3 Months (1) (3) (Section4)
- Lubricating Oil and Filter – Change
- Air Cleaner – Check
- Catalyst Housing – Check
Maintenance Procedures at 19,000 Kilometers [12,000 Miles], 500 Hours or 6 Months (1) (3) (Section5)
- Crankcase Ventilation Filter – Replace(4)
- Spark Plug Wires – Check
- Charge Air Cooler – Check
- Charge Air Piping – Check
- Engine Coolant – Check(5)
- Radiator Pressure Cap – Check
Maintenance Procedures at 38,000 Kilometers [24,000 Miles], 1000 Hours or 12 Months (1) (3) (Section6)
- Spark Plugs (200 hp and greater) – Replace(6)
- Engine Fuel Filter – Change
- Magnetic Inline Filter (LPG Only) – Change
- Ignition Coils (200 hp and greater) – Check
- Catalytic Converter – Check
- Belt Tensioner – Check
- Drive Belt – Check
- Water Pump – Check
- Fan Hub, Belt Driven – Check
- Overhead Valve Lash – Adjust(7)
Maintenance Procedures at 57,500 Kilometers [36,000 miles], 1500 hours or 18 months (1) (3) (Section7)
- Spark Plugs (195 hp and lower) – Replace(8)
- Ignition Coils (195 hp and lower) – Check
Maintenance Procedures at 77,000 Kilometers [48,000 Miles], 2000 Hours or 2 Years (1) (3) (Section8)
- Engine Coolant – Change(5)
- Spark Plug Wires – Replace
- Vibration Damper – Check
- Air Compressor – Check
- Turbocharger – Check
- Follow the manufacturer’s recommended maintenance procedures for the starter, alternator, generator, batteries, electrical components, air compressor, refrigerant compressor, fan clutch and OEM fuel filter.
- Interval period for draining the fuel filter is dependent on the fueling station and varies for each location. The drain interval must be adjusted to the time required to accumulate no more than one ounce of oil in the fuel filter.
- At each scheduled maintenance interval, perform appropriate previous checks in addition to the ones specified.
- In addition to distance, operation time, and calendar time, the crankcase ventilation filter must be changed when the crankcase pressure reaches 188.7 mm H2O [7 in H2O].
Must use a heavy duty year around antifreeze that meets the chemical composition of ASTM D6210. Antifreeze is essential for freeze, overheat and corrosion protection. Do not use antifreeze not compatible with aluminum.
- Use only Cummins Inc. authorized spark plugs for Scheduled Maintenance or repairs. The use of unauthorized parts can affect performance and Emission Control System. The recommended 24,000 miles is based on an average vehicle speed of 39 kph [24 mph] and must be derated accordingly for slower speed applications (i.e. 1000 hr x average road speed = distance maintenance interval).
- Initial valve lash clearance adjustment, subsequent adjustments to be performed at 77,000 Km [48,000 Mi.] or every 8th oil change for automotive engines and 2000 hour, 2 year intervals.
- Use only Cummins Inc. authorized spark plugs for scheduled maintenance or repairs. The use of unauthorized parts can affect performance and the Emission Control System. The recommended 36,000 miles is based on an average vehicle speed of 39 kph [24 mph] and must be derated accordingly for slower speed applications (i.e. 1500 hours x average road speed = distance maintenance interval).
Last Modified: 14-Oct-2010